Learn the basics about hospice services.
- Montgomery Hospice helps people who are nearing the end of their lives.
- Montgomery Hospice helps the entire family, not just the patient.
- Montgomery Hospice continues to help the family of a patient after the patient dies.
- Hospice patients who have Medicare Part A coverage do not pay any bills for hospice services.
- When patients choose hospice, they can keep their own doctor.
- Montgomery Hospice patients continue to take many of the medications that they have been taking.
- Montgomery Hospice care takes place in people’s homes and in nursing homes.
- People who change their minds about hospice can leave hospice.
- Some patients improve under hospice care and leave the program.
- Hospice care is not only for the very last week of someone’s life; patients can receive services for months.
- Hospice is not limited to six months of care.
- Montgomery Hospice welcomes calls asking for information at any time.